Write the first paragraph of your page here.
Vegetables etc. Edit
- Lauki - washed, peeled and diced
- Tomato - 1-2, roughly chopped (depending on how big the lauki is)
- Coriander leaves- chopped (for garnishing)
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Methi seeds - 4-5 seeds
- Jeera - 1tsp
- Saunf (fennel seeds, unsweetened) - 1/2 tsp
- Ajwain - 1/2 tsp
- Ghee - 2 Tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker (without the lid) on medium hear. Once hot, add methi seeds and wait till aromatic (or till they are a little brown). Next add mustard seeds, jeera, saunf and ajwain and let them sizzle.
- Once the seeds are aromatic (don't burn them!) add the lauki and mix well. To this, add turmeric powder and red chilli powder and mix well.
- After a minute or two, add the tomatoes and mix well again for about two minutes.
- Finally, add salt and mix well again. Put on the lid and let it cook till first whistle. After this cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Once the cooker cooles, add chopped coriander.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.